Nakatutok ang ating Plataporma sa tema na KALIKASAN at KABUHAYAN para sa KINABUKASAN. Ang lahat ng bagay ay magkaugnay at ganun din ang inaakala nating simpleng problema ng Kalikasan ay problema rin nating lahat. Narito ang ating mga adhikain at plano pag tayo ay nahalal sa Senado.
eclare Climate Emergency
dopt Blockchain in Governance
ew and Alternative Minerals Management
#17 SA BALOTA
reen and Affordable Energy
egislate Environmental Code Amendments
rganic Farming and Food Sovereignty
#17 SA BALOTA
D – eclare Climate Emergency
A – dopt Blockchain in Governance
N – ew and Alternative Minerals Management
G – reen and Affordable Energy
E – ducational Reforms
L – egislate Environmental Code Amendments
O – rganic Farming and Food Sovereignty
- Law Declaring a National Climate Emergency with key content as follows.
- Nationwide assessment of climate danger zones by the local disaster risk reduction councils.
- Increase funding for Research and Development on Climate Crisis related technologies including climate resilient homes, organic farming and food security, transportation, etc.
- Moratorium on Mineral Mining. Evaluation of current mining contracts and assessment of their effects and commitment to environmental standards. Focus rehabilitation of current mining sites towards reforestation and food security initiatives.
- Increased funding for support to Sustainable Infrastructure and Sustainable Transportation.
- Setting as priority an Environmental Law Bill giving harsher penalties to environmental crime.
- Passage of the Environmental Protection and Enforcement Bureau.
- Creating a stronger and nationwide Law on the Protection of Watersheds.
- Passage of a National Biodiversity Restoration Program.
- Passage of a National Land Use Law.
- Passage of the Alternative Minerals Management Bill.
- Introduce a bill regulating harmful refrigerant both in industrial and commercial application particularly the air-conditioning unit which emits harmful greenhouse gases. We should phase-out the use of R22 refrigerant or hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), instead use Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) i.e., R-32 and R-134. Just to quote, as of now, the most environment-friendly refrigerants available for Air Conditioners in India are R-290 (Propane) and R-600A (Iso-Butane). The Global warming potential of R-290 is 3 and R-600A is 3, and both of them have zero impact on the ozone layer.
- Strengthening Security of Tenure
- Ending ENDO for major enterprises particularly those which are providing regular work.
- Revisiting the law on labor and wages providing for a way to make the minimum wage according to the situation in a particular community and with consultation on relevant sectors and stakeholders.
- Protection and empowerment of labor unions.
- Support and subsidy for shift to 100% organic agriculture and food production with consultation on local communities and food producers.
- Subsidy, support and tax holiday for green companies and green enterprises with particular increase support for small and medium size green enterprises.
- Creating an incentivization system for those who are participating in green initiatives.
- Institutionalize 20-percent reduction of on-site work and adopt remote work arrangement as we successfully adopted amidst pandemic. The significance of 20% reduction means 4-days on-site work while 1-day work from home. In this setting, work mobility will be lessen which translate to lesser carbon footprint it contributes to the environment. Aside from environmental impact, this measure will also alleviate motorist and commuters from traffic congestion, minimize exposure to air-pollutants as health hazard, and avert vehicular incident and road accidents.
- Empowering Green Enterprises and Cooperatives
- Strengthening support for community and local enterprises particularly cooperatives.
- Standing Up for Climate Justice Worlwide. Since GPP is part of the Asia Pacific Greens Federation and the Global Greens, we will use this connection to call on all greens to work towards the realization of the Paris Agreement and to be Carbon Neutral by 2030.
- Mutual Protection Agreement for the West Philippine Sea.
- Responding to COVID-19 and Future Emerging Diseases
- To refocus funding towards enhancing our health care system which includes better protection and salary/wages for our frontliners; providing better facilities; and building of new and fully-equipped healthcare facilities to fight the current pandemic and future emerging diseases.
- Synchronize system on disease response through better contact tracing, alert level system, and quarantine protocols among others.
- Move towards lifting quarantine restriction towards opening the economy.
- Subsidy and tax holiday for renewable energy sources and green enterprises.
- Green Education
- Strengthening environmental education for teachers.
- Cooperation of Teachers, Parents and Students towards a green sustainable future.
- Promote green consumerism, green enterprise and green economics in the educational system.
- Insertion of climate change lessons in the spiral curriculum progression.
- Support on Green Infrastructure: school green facilities: hanging gardens, solar roofs, sustainable roofs, simple rain water catchment facilities.
- Subsidy and support for Research and Development related to the environment.
- Imposition of the Carbon Tax to encourage better and green enterprises.
- Improving Education
- Integrating arts and culture appreciation in all levels of education.
- Creating a system which will integrate parent-student-community support.
- Revising the current K-12 curriculum and shifting on an education that is focused on multiple-intelligence and not academic only.
- Ensuring equal pay, salary and continuing education for our teachers.
- Improving the quality control on our books and reference materials.
- Utilizing mass media as an extension of quality education and as part of their commitment under their franchise agreement.
- Giving greater access to free education to indigent Filipinos.
- Providing protection for academic freedom across all levels.
- Creating greater supervisory power of CHED and DepED on our educational institutions in order to ensure that all institutions are providing quality education and costs that are not exorbitant.
- Empowering student councils as a partner in ensuring that educational institutions are operating with the welfare of the student in mind.
- Send an Open Letter to the United Nations calling on all member nations to commit to the Paris Agreement and Net-Zero by 2030.
- Support for the Establishment of South East Asia Green Cultural, Economic & Ecological Security Solidarity.
- Commitment towards Global Climate Justice.
- Nationwide Universal Housing Program. Ensuring that our people have access to affordable and cost-effective universal housing with support for livelihood and green housing.
- Amendment of the Anti-Terrorism Bill.
- Amendment of the Cyber Crime Prevention Act.
- Support for SOGIE Bill. Support for the passage of the SOGIE Bill and the rights of the LGBTQ+ sector including the right to public union while preserving religious freedom.
- Support for a Strict Divorce Bill. Support for the passage of the Divorce Bill as a fundamental individual right without prejudice to religious freedom and beliefs.